| Sorry, can I see her before Friday? 对不起,我能周五之前见她吗? |
| I hope you enjoy your stay with us. 希望您在这儿过的愉快。 |
| Misfortunes never come alone. 祸不单行。 |
| This is a rather old house. It needs painting. 这房子挺旧的,得刷一下才行。 |
| Don’t hesitate any more. 别在犹豫了。 |
| A good beginning makes a good ending. 善始者善终。 |
| He was married to a friend of mine. 他和我的一个朋友结了婚。 |
| Which do you prefer, fishing or mountain-climbing? 钓鱼和登山,你更喜欢哪一个? |
| In spite of the heavy rain, she went to the shop.尽管下着大雨,她还是去了商店。 |
| 今天是昨天的学生。 Today is Yesterday's pupil. |
| 要慷慨必先求公正。 Be just before you are generous. |
| 那与我无关。 I have nothing to do with it |
| 你为什么去那儿? Why did you go there? |
| 多余的财富只能买来多余的东西。 Superfluous wealth can but superfluities only. |
| 人只有鼓起勇气,告别海岸,才能发现新的大洋。 Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has courage to lose sight of the shore. |
| 你能替我开门吗? "Would you open the door for me,please?" |
| 勇者可能跌倒,但不会屈服。 A brave man may fall, but he cannot yield. |
| 我从不怜惜自负的人们,因为我觉得他们无处不能自我安慰。 I've never any pity for conceited people,because Ithink they carry their comfort about with them. |
| 先得兔而后烹之。/到手东西才算数. First catch your hare,than cook him. |
| 我是凯西·金。 I'm Kathy King. |
| outrageous a. 残暴的,蛮横的 |
| stand by sb. 支持某人 |
| lobby n. 门廊,门厅;院外活动集团;v. 对(议员等)游说活动 |
| readily ad. 乐意地,欣然地;容易地 |
| go in for 参加(竞争),酷爱 |
| drench vt. 使淋透,使湿透 |
| adept a. 擅长的,熟练的 |
| clarify v. 澄清,使液体清洁 |
| versed a. 精通,熟练 |